Our hours will be Thursday–Sunday, 11am–5pm, and tickets can be booked in advance here. We're excited to welcome our community back into the galleries!
What steps is The CJM taking to keep visitors and staff safe?
Our highest priority is the health and safety of our visitors and staff. To ensure we provide a safe and clean environment, we have implemented a number of safety measures that are in strict compliance with the City of San Francisco and the State of California guidelines:
- All visitors—including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine—are required to wear a face covering during their visit, except for children under 2. Disposable masks are available, free of charge, at the main entrance and at the front desk in the Shenson Welcome Center (while supplies last). CJM staff also wear face coverings at all times.
- Visitors and staff are required to practice physical distancing of six feet when in The Museum. Layout adjustments have been made throughout the building to reduce capacity and ensure space for physical distancing.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to book their timed tickets online in advance of their visit to ensure a contactless check-in process when you arrive at The Museum. Advance timed tickets can be reserved or purchased here.
- All high-touch surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- Touch-free hand sanitizer stations are located at entrances, elevators, and transaction points. All visitors are encouraged to wash or sanitize their hands frequently during their visit.
- Air filtration and ventilation systems have been updated as recommended.
What do I need to know before my visit?
- We strongly encourage you to book your timed tickets online before you arrive at The Museum. Online tickets can be purchased here.
- Come prepared to wear a face covering throughout your visit. Face masks are required for all visitors—including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Those who are not wearing a face covering will not be admitted into The Museum, except for children under the age of 2. Disposable masks are available free of charge at the main entrance and at the front desk in the Shenson Welcome Center (while supplies last).
- If you feel sick on the day of your visit, are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past fourteen days, please reschedule your visit to The CJM. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to reschedule.
How do I book and redeem my online tickets?
- You can purchase your timed tickets in advance here. In order to limit capacity and facilitate physical distancing, you’ll be admitted to The Museum at the time specified on your ticket. Please arrive within fifteen minutes of your allotted time.
- Print your ticket at home or simply display it on your mobile device to be scanned before you enter the galleries.
- While we strongly encourage all visitors to purchase tickets in advance online, a limited number of tickets are available for purchase onsite.
I'm a CJM Member. Do I need to reserve tickets online before my visit?
Yes! Member tickets are still free, but you'll need to reserve timed tickets in advance here to facilitate a contactless visit. Members will need to login to their account on thecjm.org in order to apply their Member discount. For assistance, please call 415.655.7881.
Do I still need to reserve tickets online for youth age 18 and under, even though youth admission is free?
Yes! Tickets for those 18 and under are still free, but you’ll need to reserve your free, timed tickets in advance here to facilitate a contactless visit.
How will The CJM provide an accessible experience for visitors?
The CJM remains committed to expanding access to exhibitions, programs, and resources to broaden our reach to communities and organizations lacking equitable access to arts and cultural opportunities. Available accessibility resources for visitors include:
- Wheelchairs and portable gallery stools are available for checkout, free of charge, at the front desk in the Shenson Welcome Center. All wheelchairs and gallery stools are cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Accessible formats for all exhibition labels and wall texts can be found online at thecjm.org in screen-reader friendly format. Large-format exhibition labels and wall texts can be checked out at the front desk in the Shenson Welcome Center. All large-format texts are cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Room signage and elevator controls have raised Braille text, which is regularly cleaned and disinfected. If you would like a pair of gloves to use when touching these signs, please ask at the front desk in the Shenson Welcome Center.
- Elevators are fully functional, but reduced in capacity (limited to two individuals or one household or stable group).
For any additional accessibility-related questions or requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
How will my visit be different than usual?
- You’ll need to wear a face covering for the duration of your visit (except for children under the age of 2). All CJM staff will also wear face coverings.
- Visitors and staff are required to practice physical distancing—please keep at least six feet of space between yourself and others (except for those in your stable group or household).
- The Zim Zoom Family Room and the coat check are closed until further notice. Because the coat check is closed, please do not bring large bags or items when you visit; these will not be allowed inside the galleries and we will be unable to store them.
- Some amenities throughout The Museum, such as restrooms and elevators, have been reduced in capacity to facilitate physical distancing, as risk of transmission may increase due to prolonged exposure within an enclosed space. Occupancy limits will be clearly marked with signage.
- The maximum capacity of spaces throughout The Museum has been reduced in alignment with State and City guidelines to ensure enough space for physical distancing. This means that visitors may need to wait to enter some areas of The Museum.
Will I be able to take a tour or attend events at The Museum?
- All public tours and events are currently suspended due to gathering size restrictions issued by the city and state. Visitors who are interested can schedule a private virtual tour of one of our exhibitions via Zoom or another video conferencing platform of your choice. See our private tour offerings here.
- The CJM is currently not hosting in-person programs or events, but is continuing to host virtual programs that you can attend online. Visit our Programs & Events page to see what’s coming up.
I’m not ready to visit in person yet. Can I still engage with The Museum?
Will I be able to visit The CJM Shop?
The CJM Shop is open during Museum business hours (Thursday–Sunday,11am–5pm). If you prefer a contactless experience, we encourage you to visit The CJM Shop online.
Yes! Wise Sons is still open seven days a week from 8am–2pm for takeout and outdoor dining only.
Will parking be available near The Museum?
We recommend that those who drive to The Museum book a parking space in advance through SpotHero. To reserve your parking spot with rates up to 50% off, visit The CJM's SpotHero page.
We can't wait to welcome you back to The CJM. When you're ready, we look forward to providing a safe and engaging visit.